- Rising Star National Talent Camp
- VWA 19 and Under Male Pre-Elite Squad (Pilot Program)
- 2017 AJVC Trials
- Australian Volleyball League (AVL) Expression of Interest
- NEW Spikezone!
- Winter Beach Volleyball Training for U15-U21 athletes
- 2017 WAVL Fixtures
- WA wins four medals at AJBVC 2017
- 2017/2018 Membership is now available!
The Volleyball WA Board comprises of;
- Five (5) Elected Directors
- Three (3) Appointed Directors
- The Volleyball WA Executive Director
VWA Constitution Section 12 – Board of Directors
The governance of the Association is managed by the VWA Board. The Board as the governing authority of the Association is responsible for acting on all State issues in accordance with the objects and strategies of the Association and shall operate for the collective and mutual benefit of the Association and the sport of Volleyball Western Australia.
The VWA board is always keen for your constructive feedback and suggestions. We also welcome those with a passion who might like to join one of our committees or the VWA Board. If you are interested in joining the VWA community in this capacity, then please contact the VWA Executive Director via the VWA office telephone (08) 9228 8522.
Ian Phipps – Elected Member and President
(B.Bus, GradDipCSP, CPA, ACIS, AGIA, AIMM)
Ian brings a wealth of broad experience to the Board gained from 23 years in senior management roles in listed / non-listed public and privately held corporations operating in local, national and international arenas and from multiple industry sectors.
Ian currently holds multiple Directorships held with companies focused on land syndication and is currently the Managing Partner of the Retraite Partnership. Ian has a Bachelor of Business, a Graduate Diploma in Company Secretarial Practice, and is an associate member of the Certified Practising Accountants of Australia, Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, Governance Institute of Australia and the Australian Institute of Management.
An avid volleyball player since his early 20’s and strong contributor at club level for many years, Ian still competes in the West Australia’s Volleyball League and World Masters events and is passionately focused towards using his business acumen to assist the extremely dedicated volleyball WA staff team to continue to strategically advance the great sport of Volleyball in WA.
Kamie Ang – Elected Member
Kamie has been on the VWA Board since May 2012. His vision for VWA is to improve the engagement and overall experience for volleyballers in WA using a mix of traditional and modern communication mediums. His VWA portfolio includes marketing, sponsorship and IT. The qualifications and experience that Kamie brings to the Board include:
- Member of Balcatta Volleyball Club 1998 – 2016
- Currently still plays both Indoor and Beach Volleyball
- Bachelor of Business – Marketing
- IT and Technology background, specialising in mobility and custom apps
- 15 years experience in corporate sales, marketing and sponsorship
- Three yeas specialist experience in sponsorship including Not for Profit organisations
- Involved in the Telethon WA Social Media strategy since 2012
Paul Prindiville – Elected Member
Paul has been a member on the VWA Board since December 2011. The qualifications and experience that Paul brings to the Board include:
- Representative of WA State Junior and Senior Teams 2000 – 2010 and Captain of the WA Hornets 2005 – 2010.
- Coach of WA State Junior Teams 2004 – 2010 (excluding 2008)
- Member of the Australian Volleyball Junior Program 2000 – 2003
- Member of Balcatta Volleyball Club 2001 – 2011
- Committee Member of Balcatta Volleyball Club 2003 – 2007
- VWA Coaching Committee 2012 – present
- VWA Coaching Committee Chairperson 2014-present
- Bachelor of Business Degree with a Major in Finance
- Ten years experience in the Finance Industry
Sophie Row – Elected Member
Sophie commenced on the Board of VWA in December 2016 bringing over 25 years of experience gained internationally within the sporting sector. Sophie’s broad range of skills include strategic planning, marketing, communications, sponsorship, promotions, events and administration. These skills have developed from roles working with sportswear giant, Puma in the UK, Germany and the US and over the past 10 years as a consultant at community sports level in both paid and voluntary capacities. Sophie’s passions lie in the improvement of club culture and the development of grassroots sports, ensuring sport is fun and available to all, regardless of age, ability or background. Sophie’s expertise in marketing and sponsorship will be used in her role leading the Marketing and Sponsorship Sub-committee
Greg Dodd – Elected Member
Greg was born in South Africa and immigrated to Australia in 1993. Having previously served on the VWA Board (2003/2004), Greg is now very keen to participate again and assist with the strategy and growth of the sport, particularly beach volleyball.
The qualifications and experience that Greg brings to the Board include :
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Civil Engineering
- Masters in Business Administration
- Graduate Diploma in Property Development
- Australian Institute of Company Directors – Statement of Attendance
- Represented South African Universities and Zululand (Football)
- Ngarluma Board Director, Roebourne (2011 – 2015)
- Twenty nine years experience in Property Development
Greg’s interest in volleyball interest stems from playing social beach volley at Cottesloe Beach for 23 years.
Beth Morris (nee Williamson) – Appointed Member
By day Beth is an engineer working in commercial building efficiency and renewable energy. Beth joined the VWA board in March 2017, she is involved with volleyball in multiple capacities across indoor and beach including:
- Representative of WA State Junior Teams 2005 – 2012, Junior Becah Volleyball Captain 2012
- Member of Perth Coastal Volleyball Club 2005 – 2016
- Committee Member of Perth Coastal Volleyball Club 2008 – 2013
- President of Perth Coastal Volleyball Club 2015 – 2016
- Club coach of various WAVL and WAVLJL teams 2011-2017
- Member of Balcatta Volleyball Club 2017
VWA Beach Committee 2014 – present
Darrel Fox – Appointed Member
Darrel has been involved in sports management for the past 25 years. Darrel introduced Indoor Beach Volleyball to WA in 1995 and founded the Indoor Beach Volleyball Federation in July 2000. He is currently the President. There are now over 14,000 people playing indoor beach volleyball in WA each week at 11 different centres.
Darrel tells us that he is looking forward to being part of the ongoing relationships between the three codes of volleyball and the vision we all have for the ongoing development of the sport in Western Australia.
Robyn Kuhl – Executive Director
Robyn commenced employment with Volleyball WA in January 2013. Having worked previously with Gymnastics WA as their Executive Director, and Hockey in the United Kingdom (British & English Hockey National teams) and the Department of Sport and Recreation as Organisational Development Team Leader. Robyn brings to Volleyball WA extensive knowledge and experience in the field of sports management and administration.
To access our VWA Board Minutes Click Here.