- Rising Star National Talent Camp
- VWA 19 and Under Male Pre-Elite Squad (Pilot Program)
- 2017 AJVC Trials
- Australian Volleyball League (AVL) Expression of Interest
- NEW Spikezone!
- Winter Beach Volleyball Training for U15-U21 athletes
- 2017 WAVL Fixtures
- WA wins four medals at AJBVC 2017
- 2017/2018 Membership is now available!
Coaching volleyball is a rewarding experience as you watch individual athletes evolve into a singular team.
Volleyball WA holds several coaching courses throughout the year at various locations in WA. The presented courses are typically designed for interested individuals to attain Level 2 Volleyball Coaching Accreditation.
In January 2016, Volleyball Australia’s new coach accreditation framework came into effect, comprising of:
- Foundation Coach (Level 1) – Online
- Talent Development Coach (Level 2)
- Elite Coach (Level 3)
- Master Coach (Level 4)
For further information on the Coach Accreditation Framework please visit the Volleyball Australia website
If your coaching accreditation is going to expire soon, you must pay $30.00 for a Re-Accreditation. Please log into your member portal and look under ‘My Membership’ on the dashboard page to check the status of your accreditation. If you are a club, please check your members qualifications in the ‘my club members’ table. You must be an active coach to re-accredit and have filled out this Coaching Practice Log Sheet.
This course is delivered through the members portal and is designed for entry level coaches to gain skills and knowledge on how to coach primary school aged children, Spikezone clinics, high school children, lower divisions at clubs and adult beginners.
Volleyball WA holds several coaching courses throughout the year at various locations in WA. The course consists of two parts: General Principles of Coaching and Volleyball Specifics of Coaching. The General Principles of Coaching component is available free of charge on the Australian Sports Commission website. All participants are required to complete the online course and submit the certificate to the course presenter, along with your code of ethics.
Level 2 course participants should expect to be at the course venue for about 6 to 7 hours. As physical activity is involved, VWA recommends that you dress in sports attire including indoor court shoes. Please note there are 2 different prices depending on if you have paid Volleyball WA membership or not (Member/Non-Member).
To register for the Level 2 course please click here.
VWA is currently collecting expressions of interest for this course that will be held in 2017. To register your interest please click here.
Listed below are a range of published and online resources targeted for coaching in general as well as coaching volleyball.
- Alcohol. Think Again Skills Volleyball Skills: A series of skills cards that can be used by all coaches from beginners to advanced. The cards use photographs and step by step instructions to facilitate the learning of the volleyball skills. Proudly bought to you by Alcohol.Think Again – Healthway in conjunction with Volleyball WA.
- Program for Beginning Coaches: An eight-lesson introduction to teaching the skills of volleyball to players of all ages.
- Coaching Manuals : the VWA Volleyshop supplies a range of coaching manuals for use by coaches of all levels and experience.
- Tools and Tips for Coaches : a series of webpages developed by the Australian Sports Commission-in conjunction with the State Department of Sport and Recreation-designed to assist new coaches for any sport.
- Human Kinetics : one of the largest providers of volleyball publications, Human Kinetics offers a series a range of coaching guides for sale on their website.
- Clearinghouse for Sport : catalogues a range of publications and resources for coaches which can be accessed via their database.
All completed forms should be returned to Volleyball WA.
|Fax:||08 9228 8533|
|Mail:||PO Box 133, Leederville WA 6903|
Accreditation Practical Log Sheets
If you do not wish to re-take the coaching courses, depending on your prior experience, you may be entitled to apply for ‘Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)’. All overseas applicants must provide a coaching certificate from the relevant country.
As this is a new level under the new framework, there is currently no procedure to RPL a Level 1. To purchase this accreditation, non members please click here and for members please click here then select the Level 1 Foundation Coaching Course found on the Quick Menu
You must write supporting evidence for each section stipulated on the RPL form below and also fill out a coaching log sheet.
If you have previously been a Level 3 coach, you are eligible to re-apply for this level accreditation providing you meet the criteria listed below.
Level 3 Advanced Coach Practical assessment task sheet Level 3 Elite Skills RPL form
Level 3 Coaching Practical Log Sheet
Once your application has been approved by Volleyball Australia, you must pay $72.00 ($50.00 Volleyball Australia administration fee & $22.00 VWA re-accreditation fee). Follow the link here to make your payment.
For further information on any of these courses please contact firstname.lastname@example.org