Want to take know more about Fair and Safe Sport? The Department of Sport and Recreation are proud to offer the following workshops:
Safe Clubs 4 Kids workshop – 12th September 6 – 8pm at Surf Lifesaving WA, Balcatta
The following information will be covered:
• How to create a child safe environment
• Clarification about the three types of criminal record checks
• How to implement and comply with the Working with Children legislation
• Types of child abuse and what to do if a disclosure or suspicion occurs
• Cyber safety
• Support and resources available
Complaint Management Workshop 17th September 9am – 3pm at Department of Sport and Recreation, Leederville
Do you feel uncomfortable when faced with a complaint? Want to learn how to handle one better? Get some useful tools in how to manage a complaint during this Complaint Management Course.
In this day-long workshop you will learn:
• Principles of complaint handling
• The role and responsibilities of complaint handler
• The role of policies such as a member protection policy
• An approach for dealing with complaints, both informal and formal
Cybersafety workshop 24th September 9.30 – 11.30 am at Department of Sport and Recreation, Leederville
If you’ve wanted to know how to use social media safely or other elements of cyber safety, you’ll be able to learn about this and more at a two-hour morning workshop.
Information covered includes:
• The influence of technology on the sport and recreation industry
• Benefits of using social media and other technology
• Good practice – how to use social media safely.
• Resources and support available.
Please click here for more information on all workshops.