- Rising Star National Talent Camp
- VWA 19 and Under Male Pre-Elite Squad (Pilot Program)
- 2017 AJVC Trials
- Australian Volleyball League (AVL) Expression of Interest
- NEW Spikezone!
- Winter Beach Volleyball Training for U15-U21 athletes
- 2017 WAVL Fixtures
- WA wins four medals at AJBVC 2017
- 2017/2018 Membership is now available!
Volleyball WA organises many programs geared towards State representation, varying from our Development Squad program through to Junior State and Senior State representative teams.
VWA has established a calendar for junior training where by the year in broken into four sections closely aligned to school terms. Each term from a VWA perspective will have a junior training focus, these are:
- Term 1 State Teams Beach (U15 (3’s), U17, U19 & U23)
- Term 2 Development Squad Indoor
- Term 3 State Teams Indoor (U15, U17, U19 & SSWA U16)
- Term 4 Development Squad Beach
The development squad stages will be focused on the skill acquisition of fundamental volleyball technique and the state team phases will be focused on strategy, tactical learning and team development. All phases will also have elements physically preparing the athletes in accordance with their stage in development.
All coaches are required to work in support of the ongoing work being undertaken by the VWA High Performance Review Group and the VWA Board in regards to development and implementation of the Australian Volleyball High Performance / Talent Identification pathway model – FTEM (Fundamentals, Talent, Elite, Mastery).