- WA Teams Complete Historic AVL Season
- Beach Season 2017/18 in Full Swing
- AVL 2017 COMES TO PERTH
- PEARLS AND HORNETS CALM THE STORM
- Girls Claim Silver in Coomera
- WE NEED YOU!! – Volunteer at the 2017 AVL
- Juniors Shine at AJVC
- 2017 Beach Development Squad
- Level 2 & 3 Coaching Courses
- Team Captains for the 2017 AJVC Named
Volleyball WA organises many programs geared towards State representation, varying from our Development Squad program through to Junior State and Senior State representative teams.
VWA has established a calendar for junior training where by the year in broken into four sections closely aligned to school terms. Each term from a VWA perspective will have a junior training focus, these are:
- Term 1 State Teams Beach (U15 (3’s), U17, U19 & U23)
- Term 2 Development Squad Indoor
- Term 3 State Teams Indoor (U15, U17, U19 & SSWA U16)
- Term 4 Development Squad Beach
The development squad stages will be focused on the skill acquisition of fundamental volleyball technique and the state team phases will be focused on strategy, tactical learning and team development. All phases will also have elements physically preparing the athletes in accordance with their stage in development.
All coaches are required to work in support of the ongoing work being undertaken by the VWA High Performance Review Group and the VWA Board in regards to development and implementation of the Australian Volleyball High Performance / Talent Identification pathway model – FTEM (Fundamentals, Talent, Elite, Mastery).