Alcohol. Think Again Beach Volleyball Tour 2019/20
ROUND 5 – WA Open
Date: 15 – 16 February 2020
Location: Scarborough Beach
The Alcohol. Think Again Beach Tour Round #5 – WA Open will be our main event for the 2019/2020 season. The WA Open will be once again part of the national tour and Volleyball WA hope to welcome athletes from all over Australia to compete in a two day competition down at Scarborough Beach. Along with the Elite division, the following division will also be on offer,
- Competitive division – This is open to all beginners and intermediate players who wishes to have ago and enjoy a fun day at the beach.
- Juniors – This competition will have our best junior players preparing for the Australian Beach Volleyball Championship competing in their respective age group.
- Masters– (Over 35 Category)
The 2019/2020 WA Open will have something for everyone. There will be activities for kids and food around for everyone to enjoy a wonderful weekend of Beach Volleyball at one of the best beach in WA.
Open division (AAA & AA) and Competitive division (A and below) will play over 2 days, 15th and 16th February 2020. If possible, the Competitive division will have their finals on the same day and finals for Elite divisions will be played on Sunday 15th February 2020):
- Maximum 32 team draw per gender.
- 8 pools of 4 teams with the top 2 teams progressing to single elimination.
- If more than 32 teams enter AAA the teams playing will be determined by the Australian Beach Volleyball Ranking System – there will be no qualifier.
- All players will be required to purchase an ATABT Playing Top (interstate players only require one top per player).
The AA grade will follow the below format:
AA will consist of 12 teams per grade and will follow the criteria set for Elite competition. This includes:
– Matches without a time limit
– Full scoring (Best of 3 sets first two sets to 21 and last set to 15 uncapped)
– Maximum 4 matches per day
The grade will be divided into 4 pools of 3, with the top team in each pool progressing through to the semi-finals. The remaining teams will compete in play-off games to determine their ranking.
A grade and below will fall under different criteria:
– Time limited matches
– Modified scoring
– Minimum of 3 matches per day
– Tournament will be scheduled to finish in one competition day
Cash Prize breakdown for elite division (per gender per team)
1st : $ 700
2nd : $ 300
3rd : $ 100
For further information please contact the [email protected] or call the office on 9228 8522.